Gaming studios are never afraid to push the boundaries, experiment with technologies, learn from their own mistakes and reapply their experiences in more effective ways. They know how to turn tech challenges and failures into long-desired outcomes and future success.
Cloud — being a key driver of the gaming transformation — sets standards for organizations from other industries:
- While Google can process 3.8 million searches per minute, Fortnite — being a bright representative of cloud gaming — can finish 125 million events during the same time.
- Alex Legends, a hero battle royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts, was announced and launched the same day, having engaged 25 million players during the first week after the launch.
- Microsoft Kinect with its machine vision capabilities for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles that sold near 30 million units in its lifetime was discontinued as it didn’t pay off. Microsoft analyzed their experience and reapplied it for other models: now, Kinect is available through HoloLens.
Our panel discussion will be focused on uncovering the value of cloud technologies for organizations from other industries on the example of gaming. Fearless and disruptive, global studios break the rules and introduce new patterns. Why can’t others do the same to succeed?
We are going to discuss the following:
- Gaming as a service.
- Microservices and containers.
- LiveOps and DEM (digital experience monitoring).
- Continuous innovation and updates.
- Digital twins.
- Edge streaming or cloud game streaming.
- Deep learning, and many more.
Doug Dyer, VP of Gaming & Entertainment at Innovecs.
Doug has been involved in the gaming and entertainment industries for over 25 years. He is an experienced and dedicated professional who has held management roles at many companies, including Microsoft, THQ, Atari, and Warner Bros. He has built development teams and been involved in the creation of over 100 games and products across all platforms, including mobile, PC, console, and VR.
1. Will McKeon-White, Researcher at Forrester.
Will works as a researcher on Forrester’s infrastructure and operations (I&O) team, focusing on modern service delivery. His research helps enterprises understand and capitalize on advances in processes and technologies for more effective IT and business service delivery, including enterprise service management (ESM) and IT service management (ITSM) and the use of ChatOps and chatbot capabilities to facilitate better help desk and employee support, incident resolution, and IT team effectiveness.
2. Lauren Nelson, VP, Research Director at Forrester.
Lauren is a top thought leader in cloud and serves infrastructure and operations professionals. She manages and supports Forrester analysts in the preparation of research within the cloud and operations. Lauren focuses on cloud management, private cloud, open-source strategy, cloud migration, portability, government cloud, and diversity and inclusivity (D&I) programs.
3. Mathieu Duperre, CEO, Founder at Edgegap.Mathieu has been working for over 20 years in the service providers industry, taking various roles between engineering and deployment, to sales and consulting services. During his time at Cisco Systems, he discovered the power of edge computing and the possibilities such infrastructure was going to allow. He then decided to launch a startup in edge computing emerging market. His background as a software developer and architecture helped him create a unique solution for the online video games industry, leveraging upcoming edge infrastructures to defeat the number one problem for gamers, lag.
4. Billy Le Voir-Barry, recent CTO IBM Esports and Video Games
Representatives from the gaming industry never miss the chance to experiment and try something new. They use all their opportunities, test various practices and approaches and learn lessons. They are ultimate innovators.
For the gaming industry – innovation is a key differentiator and it’s worth investing in. Our speakers will uncover this topic in detail and provide many insights soon. Do not hesitate to register!