We are looking for a motivated and experienced C++ Engineer.
- Must have:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in Linux kernel development and debugging;
• Master of low-level C development in Linux kernel, with vast experience in performance-sensitive code and a solid understanding of the VFS, page cache & file system concepts;
• Familiarity with kernel development methodologies and kernel structure, as well as experience in developing kernel modules;
• Top-notch experience in the Linux Kernel Driver model & development;
• Lock/lockless synchronization between kernel space & userspace;
• Broad knowledge and understanding of Linux internals, kernel subsystems (Memory Management, IO, Storage, Networking), and kernel crash and core analysis skills;
• Knowledge of IO tools and performance benchmarks using standard tools;
• A deep understanding of threading and locking mechanisms;
• A highly motivated and independent engineer with a positive attitude, a creative and open mind, and fluency in English.
- Nice to have:
• A background in working with the Linux kernel community;
• Experience contributing/up-streaming/maintaining kernel code;
• Knowledge of storage subsystems, storage stack, and protocols (NVMe, NFS, Samba, filesystems), along with development experience with enterprise-grade storage solutions;
• Experience hacking complex open-source projects.
- As a Senior Kernel Engineer, your primary responsibility will be collaborating with other team members on our high-performance filesystem solution and releasing our kernel driver, which is written in C on top of Linux, as part of the filesystem product;
- The kernel-based filesystem driver provides file access and logic to filesystems and the ability to connect clients to the cluster. This enables the system to provide applications with local filesystem semantics and performance while providing centrally-managed, shareable, and resilient storage;
- Our entire kernel team proudly delivers high-quality kernel drivers and you will have the opportunity to quickly become an integral contributor.
- Design and develop core product features in a complex software system with a focus on Linux kernel and OS infrastructure layers;
- Provide architectural guidance and fresh ideas in our core kernel driver and related interfaces;
- Locate performance bottlenecks within Linux and/or its driver or other components, and suggest & implement enhancements to meet target performance goals;
- Most importantly, assume nothing - constantly revisit how we work and whether our productivity is perfectly tuned.
Innovecs is a global digital transformation tech company with presence in the U.S., Europe, UK, Australia, LATAM, and Israel. With 10 years on the market and 850+ team members, we focus on long-term cooperation with our people providing them with the opportunity to learn, grow, develop, and stand out not only in their profession but also outside of it. We are one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000, and on the list of 100 Best Global Outsourcing Providers by IAOP, have TikTok with over 10m views, and 10+ lifestyle communities by interests. Get on board and unlock your potential with us!
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Our client is a fast-growing startup developing the world’s fastest and most scalable data platform. Our client lives anywhere the data does, whether on-premises, in the public cloud, or a hybrid environment, and were built from the ground up to meet the diverse needs of modern data workloads.You will be part of a team there are constantly putting our technology and ourselves to the test to solve today’s biggest data storage challenges while enabling heightened productivity.
WHAT MAKES THE PROJECT STAND OUT:
The platform is trusted to enable Fortune 500 companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible, achieve breakthrough innovations, and solve previously unsolvable problems.
WHAT WILL YOU GET:
- Attractive compensation pegged to the U.S. dollar with full benefits package;
- Modern hardware setup;
- Individual development plan, career coaching, and Mentorship Program;
- Investment in your professional growth: workshops, webinars, training platform, and edutainment events;
- Global certification preparation program (AWS, ISTQB, Unity, Scrum, etc.), and comprehensive online courses on Udemy, Educative, Pluralsight, edX;
- Flexible working mode in hybrid teams with high-skilled peers;
- Opportunity to work from home or from anywhere with our Relocation Support Program;
- Open-door culture, simplified processes, transparent communication, and top management at a handshake distance;
- Private health insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, sick leaves, vacation, and holidays;
- Online workouts with fitness coaches & community enrollment in activities such as esports, yoga, chess, mindfulness, etc.;
- English classes and public speaking club to boost your language and presenting skills;
- Virtual team buildings, social activities and occasional gifts to celebrate Innovecs lifestyle.
Here at Innovecs, we promote equal opportunities and embrace diversity in our teams in terms of work experience, area of expertise, culture, religion, gender, and ethnicity. We are committed to building a tight-knit, team tradition-loving community that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
There are no limitations, no barriers when the right people are on your way — apply for the vacancy and succeed with us!