We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our growing team to lead the next generation of vision health services which includes affordable Eyewear and related fulfilment capabilities for our clients Optometrists. You need to be passionate about architecting and developing customer facing solutions. You will cultivate relationships with industry, and ensure that we remain relevant in a competitive market.
- Proven business acumen with the ability to hit the ground running
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience hiring, developing, leading and managing engineering teams
- 5+ years development experience in preferred technologies
- Experience in designing large scale distributed technology solutions
- Hands on experience with development of software engineering best practices
- Strong understanding of database theory and experience with at least one relational and non-relational data store technology
- Certification in a Cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Customer relationship skills
- Project Management Methodology such as Six Sigma, Prince2, or Agile
- Fluency in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Project Management, time management, and team collaboration skills
- A positive attitude
This is a leadership position. As a Software Development Manager, you must be technical and you will own the technical strategy for the solutions you will own that will solve customer problems. You will hire, manage and develop a world-class team of software engineers necessary to build new product and ensure optimal performance of those products. You will be responsible for on time delivery and quality output of your engineers. You will be independent, autonomous and a problem solver. You will drive collaboration amongst your leaders and engineers, lead by example, and partner with Product and Technical Program Management to meet customer expectations. You will be expected to engage in development activities, including hands on development, yes coding!, jump on customer problems and assure a positive outcome on behalf of our client.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop code for new applications, review code and collaborate with developers to create high quality software.
- Deep knowledge of React Web, including component composition, lifecycle events, and hooks.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers to meet project deliverables/milestones and with QA engineers to ensure apps are high quality
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices, using tools like Travis CI, Gitlab, Microsoft Azure, and Jenkins
Familiarity with, ability to dive into and have pertinent technical conversations, with the ability to ascertain the competence of the engineers that work for you with these technologies is a pre-requisite. Additionally it will be the responsibility of the SDM to make strategic recommendations to our client on whether these are the technologies that we would move forward with, 6 months - 1 year, even 3 years down the road.
WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE STAND OUT
Vision impairments cost the US more than 177 billion annually. With over 500 locations throughout the USA, our clients' purpose is to help patients live their best lives by providing their customers with a personalised eye care experience by trusted local optometrists.
Innovecs is a global digital transformation tech company with presence in the U.S., Europe, UK, Australia, LATAM, and Israel. With 10 years on the market and 850+ team members, we focus on long-term cooperation with our people providing them with the opportunity to learn, grow, develop, and stand out not only in their profession but also outside of it. We are one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000, and on the list of 100 Best Global Outsourcing Providers by IAOP, have TikTok with over 10m views, and 10+ lifestyle communities by interests. Get on board and unlock your potential with us!
WHAT WILL YOU GET
Here at Innovecs, we promote equal opportunities and embrace diversity in our teams in terms of work experience, area of expertise, culture, religion, gender, and ethnicity. We are committed to building a tight-knit, team tradition-loving community that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
There are no limitations, no barriers when the right people are on your way — apply for the vacancy and succeed with us!